SJL Automotive Solutions - 07733 326777
Home Driver CPC Training Modules Our Services Courses Gallery FAQs Blog Contact



What is Driver CPC?

Driver CPC has been introduced across the European Union to maintain high driving standards and improve road safety. All professional bus, coach and lorry drivers must hold a Driver CPC is they want to drive for a living. Any drivers of lorries over 3.5 tonnes, and minibuses with nine seats or more, must obtain a Drivers CPC. The ‘Transport Managers CPC’ also known as the ‘Operators CPC’ is a separate qualification and anyone holding one who still drives professionally as part of their job also needs to hold a Driver CPC.


How does it affect me?

If you are a bus or coach driver and held your vocational licence (D*, D1*, DE*, D1E*) prior to September 2008 you have acquired rights until 9th September 2013. If you are a lorry driver and held your vocational licence (C, C1, C1E, CE) prior to 10th September 2009 you have acquired rights until 9th September 2014.


Where can I get training?

Only approved courses taken with approved training centres will count towards periodic training.  The approval process for courses is managed on behalf of the Driving Standards agency by the Joint Approvals Unit for Periodic Training (JAUPT).  We can do this for you in one of our local venues or at your own premises.


Is there a test to pass?

No. There is no requirement for a course to include a test or a pass / fail element.


I hold both a PVC and LGV licence, will I need to undertake 2 sets of periodic training?

No. Only one set of periodic training needs to be completed every 5 years.


Where can I get my HGV medical done?

Your health and that of your family are the most important things in your life but you are also busy and time is a valuable resource.